Your Essential List of Romance Publishers
[For our growing list of EROTIC ROMANCE PUBLISHERS, please click here.]
Forget erotica. If your style of writing, like mine, tends towards the classic HEA stories then this list of romance publishers is for you. So you may not become the next e-book publishing sensation, but your steady brand of well-written romance will always have a reliable market.
[If you are a publisher and would like to be added to this list, please contact Louise at email@example.com]
- Harlequin (Mills and Boon) – Category and full length romance publishers. They have many lines that do not involve erotica. Harlequin Modern Presents, Harlequin Intrique, RIVA and Harlequin Historical are just a few. Check out their guidelines!
- Harlequin Series Digital First – A new digital only imprint focusing on mystery, erotic, contemporary and science fiction/fantasy series.
- Carina Press – Carina Press is a digital-first imprint from Harlequin. Specialises in contemporary, adult and holiday themed romance.
- Entangled Publishing – The sassy new kids on the romance publishing block. Try their Ever After and Flirt imprints. Entangled Suspense is a dynamic new line of 60-70K word, branded category-style romantic suspense/mystery/thriller novels.
- Wild Rose Press – The Champagne Rose line is their wildly successful contemporary romance line, but they also have other lines. See submission information.
- Piatkus Books – Romance imprint of Little, Brown Books. They also have an ebook first imprint, called Piatkus Entice.
- Choc-Lit – New, but wildly successful publishing agency. Accepting submissions.
- Avon Romance (Avon/Harper Collins) – Women’s fiction (mostly print).
- Kensington – Their Zebra line features mainly historical romance.
- Random House publish romance mainly through their Bantam-dell imprint.
- Romance @ Simon and Schuster – The romance imprint publishes contemporary as well as gothic, fantasy and historical.
- Howard Books – Inspirational romance. A division of Simon & Schuster.
- Astrea Press – Digital publisher of mainstream romance.
- Blush – Ellora’s Cave romantic imprint without the erotica. Three levels of sexuality include sweet, suggestive and sensual.
- Barbour Publishing – Christian romance. Does not accept unsolicited submissions unless they are submitted through professional literary agencies.
- BelleBooks – Romance with Southern connections.
- Berkley/Jove – Historical and contemporary romance, paranormal, contemporary romantic suspense. Division of the Penguin Group.
- Samhain Publishing – All genres of romance, including contemporary.
- Dorchester Publishing – Historical romance, paranormal romance, romantic suspense, chick lit, fantasy, young adult contemporary, young adult contemporary paranormal romance.
- Medallion Press, Inc. – Single title; romantic suspense; historical; paranormal. No erotica or inspirationals.
- New American Library – Historical romance; contemporary romance; romantic suspense. Division of Penguin Group.
- Pocket Books - Single title contemporary. Division of Simon and Schuster.
- St. Martin’s Press - Contemporary women’s fiction; historicals; suspense; paranormal.
- Tyndale House – Inspirational contemporary, inspirational historical, inspirational romantic suspense.
- Rouge Romance (Random House) – Sexier, longer and 100% more romantic! Digital only. Open to submissions.
- Chances Press – Primarily ebooks. Now accepting submissions.
- Thornberry Publishing. New kids on the ebook block. Good reports so far. Also a budding writers programme. Open to submissions.
- Severn House – Publishes a wide range of quality fiction, including Romance.
- Crimson Romance – Heartwarming, smart romances including contemporary romance, historical romance, paranormal romance, romantic suspense, and spicy romance!
- Orion Fiction – Does not accept unsolicited manuscripts. Read their author information here.
- Accent Press – Fiesty, independent fiction.
- Steam eReads – Australia’s Premier Publisher of Hot Romantic Fiction (not only erotic).
- HarperCollins new digital imprint for romance: HarperImpulse.
- Endeavour Press – Non-fiction, historicals and romantic fiction.
- Amber Quill Press – Maintstream imprint.
Please let us know of any romance publishers we’ve left off our list. Feel free to comment below on any of the romance publishers we’ve mentioned, particularly if you’ve had a good (or bad) experience with them.
For our growing list of EROTIC ROMANCE PUBLISHERS, please click here.