Networking is all about cultivating relationships. Whether it’s with your publisher, editor, agent or fans, having a network is vitally important to a romance writer. Here are some of the reasons why?
- Mentors provide valuable feedback on your manuscripts which you can t hen implement on your journey to publication.
- Word of mouth enables fans and followers to talk about your book to their networks.
- Forums and writers groups enable you to learn and share knowledge, keep informed of developments in the industry such as new publishers, those looking for submissions, and any tips on getting published.
- Networks provide valuable information that could work in your favour, such as submission guidelines, insider tips, agents looking for writers, or new niches.
- Research becomes a lot easier when you can connect with people via the internet or soical networking.
- Sharing of industry service providers, those who are the best, or the cheapest etc.
- Sharing marketing costs with fellow writers, like book tours, signings or talks.
- Attention book signings and events of fellow writers or people in your network is an opportunity to pass on your promotional material too.
- Drive traffic to each other’s websites through reciprocal links and ads, blog posts or interviews.