Mother’s Day is for celebrating Moms. After all where would we be without them? Mine plays a big part in my life and I like to spoil her on Mother’s Day.
Mother’s Day is the perfect opportunity for shoppers to purchase Kindles, E-books, and of course paperback romance novels for their moms. And as a romance writer you’re in the perfect position to help readers find that perfect gift!
Here’s our Mother’s Day promotional advice.
1. Plan early for Mother’s Day. Select your perfect Mother’s Day titles and promote them up front on your website. Arrange your titles into groups for easy scanning by readers. Some moms might prefer a tamer read, while others might like a juicy one.
2. Offer 2 for 1 deals to encourage multiple purchases. Not only does this get your name out there, but people will read more of your work and if they like it, you’re half way to gaining another fan.
3. Give away a freebie with every e-book/book purchased. Not everyone can afford to do this, but if you can, you’re enhancing your readers experience and making them even more familiar with your work.
4. Offer your earlier releases at vastly discounted rates in conjunction with any Mother’s Day sale, or even or free. Back lists make great promotional gifts and special offers. If they’ve outlived their shelf-life, add them to current purchases to give readers more of your particular brand of romance.
5. Create a Mother’s Day Gift Guide. Either with your own books or related products. Use affiliate advertising to generate some extra income. Sign up for affiliate programmes to sell related products such as the Amazon Kindle, B&N Nook or Apple iPad. You get commission if someone buys one of these products from a link on your site.
6. Send out a pre Mother’s Day email to everyone on your list informing them of your onsite promotions and specials. That way they can purchase your e-books or novels with plenty of time to spare.
7. Send out a Happy Mother’s Day email to everyone on your list to encourage good relations with your subscribers, and of course to offer any last minute specials or promotions for Mother’s Day. The beauty of the internet is that downloads are immediate, so if anyone has forgotten to get their mum a gift, you’re providing the perfect solution: A last minute download to their Kindle.
8. Chat about your Mother’s Day promotions on your social media pages, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Using a chatty tone, casually mention your Mother’s Day promotions. Word of mouth spreads quickly, so your fans, friends and family may pass the info on to others who they think may like to take advantage of your special offers.
9. Blog about what Mother’s Day means to you, and mention your promotions there too. It’s best to cover all bases. Remember not to be pushy, but rather use a chatty, friendly tone. No one likes a hard sell.
10. Guest blog, if you can, or advertise, if you can’t, on websites that your target market will be interested in such as online gift shops, flower shops, chocolate boutique shops etc. Think out of the box. If you’re on a budget try to negotiate an ad-swap or a mutual link exchange instead of paying for an ad.
11. PPC Ads can drive traffic to your site or landing page for special Mother’s Day promotions. I wouldn’t recommend this for general promotions but if you’re running a big competition or attracting a large market segment, PPC ads can be very effective.
12. Blog about other mothers who are successful in your field. Creating quality content is rated highly by search engines. If you know of a mom who’s achieved great success or who’s story is worth telling, why not blog about it. Interest stories will attract traffic to your site and then those visitors will stumble upon your Mother’s Day Promotions without you having to do anything.